The Ocksheperida

Filed under Sports, Top Stories

Relentless Wrestlers

Senior Dominic Miller competes in a wrestling tournament at the Sheridan Junior High School gym.

Cassie Parisi

Cassie Parisi

The wrestling team placed fourth at the state tournament in Casper, Wyo. They earned 4A East conference champion honors on Feb. 11, with a win of 49-27 over the defending state champion, Gillette. The Sheridan Broncs also finished the dual season on Feb. 12, with a win over Natrona County Mustangs of 54-18.

SHS seniors Tucker Goss, Ed Arzy, Dominic Miller, Wyatt Avery, Krisjian Yager, Tyler Mauck, and Avery Ellis were recognized for their last matches on their home mat during senior night on Feb. 12. The seniors were honored for their hard work and dedication through the years at last home match. During this time the seniors names were called and the parents walked them on the mat.

“Work your hardest and never take anything for granted,” said Yager. He hopes the upcoming seniors follow his advice and continue to try their best.

“It’s pretty awesome to be able to beat Gillette any time that we can,” said activities director and assistant wrestling coach Kasey Garnhart. “I was happy with the way our kids wrestled and went out there and kind of took care of business during Gillette’s senior night, so it was nice to come out with a win.”

Garnhart said that he will miss this years seniors because of the amount of time he has spent practicing with them and mentoring them throughout the season. “I think we really tried to come together as a team, and over the years I’ve learned what hard work is and how to achieve,” said Avery.

Overall, the 2015-2016 season has been a success and the team hopes that next season they can win state and earn the state championship title.

• Relentless Wrestlers

News

Vlogger Logan Paul faces backlash after violating YouTube policies

• Relentless Wrestlers

Opinion

Crossfire: Apple iPhone v. Samsung Galaxy S8 and Note 8

• Relentless Wrestlers

Sports

Wrestling team pursues improvement

• Relentless Wrestlers

A&E

“Pitch Perfect 3” leaves more to be desired

• Relentless Wrestlers

Feature

Pitcher prepares for school musical and college career

• Relentless Wrestlers

Feature

Moodry finds success in track and academics

• Relentless Wrestlers

News

Choir Christmas concert presents enjoyable performance

• Relentless Wrestlers

A&E

“Star Wars: The Last Jedi” produces outstanding film

• News

Christmas band concert brings full house

• Relentless Wrestlers

News

Winter months bring seasonal depression despite holidays

The student news site of Sheridan High School
Relentless Wrestlers