The student news site of Sheridan High School

The Ocksheperida

Filed under Sports, Top Stories

Relentless Wrestlers

Senior Dominic Miller competes in a wrestling tournament at the Sheridan Junior High School gym.

Cassie Parisi

Cassie Parisi

The wrestling team placed fourth at the state tournament in Casper, Wyo. They earned 4A East conference champion honors on Feb. 11, with a win of 49-27 over the defending state champion, Gillette. The Sheridan Broncs also finished the dual season on Feb. 12, with a win over Natrona County Mustangs of 54-18.

SHS seniors Tucker Goss, Ed Arzy, Dominic Miller, Wyatt Avery, Krisjian Yager, Tyler Mauck, and Avery Ellis were recognized for their last matches on their home mat during senior night on Feb. 12. The seniors were honored for their hard work and dedication through the years at last home match. During this time the seniors names were called and the parents walked them on the mat.

“Work your hardest and never take anything for granted,” said Yager. He hopes the upcoming seniors follow his advice and continue to try their best.

“It’s pretty awesome to be able to beat Gillette any time that we can,” said activities director and assistant wrestling coach Kasey Garnhart. “I was happy with the way our kids wrestled and went out there and kind of took care of business during Gillette’s senior night, so it was nice to come out with a win.”

Garnhart said that he will miss this years seniors because of the amount of time he has spent practicing with them and mentoring them throughout the season. “I think we really tried to come together as a team, and over the years I’ve learned what hard work is and how to achieve,” said Avery.

Overall, the 2015-2016 season has been a success and the team hopes that next season they can win state and earn the state championship title.

• Relentless Wrestlers

A&E

Power Rangers misses the mark

• Relentless Wrestlers

A&E

“Beauty and the Beast” proves that it really is a tale as old as time

• Relentless Wrestlers

A&E

“Rogue One” movie breaks mold of the Star Wars franchise

• Relentless Wrestlers

A&E

“Moana” breaks the Disney princess mold

• Relentless Wrestlers

A&E

“Fantastic Beasts” is an incredible prequel Harry Potter

• Relentless Wrestlers

A&E

Dr. Strange a satisfying addition to MCU

• Relentless Wrestlers

10

Girls Swim Team Dominate Relay Records at Invite

• News

Suicide Prevention Walk

• Relentless Wrestlers

A&E

Pokémon GO becomes a new social experience

• Relentless Wrestlers

10

Fifteenth Anniversary of 9-11 brings local and national tributes

Relentless Wrestlers